Sunday, February 15, 2009

where have we been, anyway?

I've been neglecting my blog. Shamefully, until today, my blog header still said January. It isn't because life hasn't been exciting. It has just been busy. (Big surprise.)

February has a way of making me dream for the sun. I thrive on that vitamin D. My February blog header is an ode to those dreams. I didn't post it to make you jealous. That would just be mean. But of course, it does have relevance because we will find ourselves on that beach in just a few days.

That leads me to another story. We booked our trip to Cancun several months ago to attend the wedding of our friends, Christian and Kelly. Unfortunately, a few days ago we found out Christian was in a serious motorcycle accident. Fortunately he is okay, but he is recovering in the hospital and will be unable to travel for the wedding. It was too late to change travel plans, so we will be going anyway. (Darn!) We will surely enjoy our vacation, but we will miss you, Christian and Kelly, and we wish you all the best.

My parents, the ones who "never" go anywhere, have completely surprised me and decided to go with us! Dad has never flown on a commercial flight. We are going to have a blast, and I will return with more blog content. I promise. Because I know you have nothing better to do than read my blog.

Speaking of reading my blog, I am glad a few of you do. (By the way, thanks to all of you who leave us comments. It makes it rewarding to post up here when you know it isn't just lost in cyberspace.) And speaking of comments, those of you who won my blog tag, congratulations! YOU ARE THE BIG WINNERS! Amy, Sierra, Wrena, Brenda, and Jean, please note the disclaimer that clearly read it will happen "sometime this year". (I do plan to make good on this, but I'm pretty sure it won't be quick because I'm quite good at procrastinating, you know. I will try to make it happen before the elation you feel from winning this great prize wears completely off.)

In other news, Abby and her friend Bethany decided a couple of weeks ago that they wanted to audition for the Herriman City talent show. They learned "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" from Annie Get Your Gun. We should find out this week if they get in. Either way, I'm just really proud of Abby for getting out of her comfort zone a little bit. It takes guts to sing in front of a panel of judges :) The cutest part is that Sarah has learned all the words just from hearing them practice. She can sing a pretty mean rendetion herself.

Speaking of comfort zones, we have decided to get out of ours and make a change with our daycare. Our daycare has been great, but it has gotten so big that it seems like such a business. I have thought for awhile that they would benefit from a smaller, more personal situation. We found a sweet family right in our neighborhood. They have 3 kids, 2 of which are girls, age 4 and 6. It should be a perfect fit for us right now. To top it off, it is right next to the school, and it will save me from running Abby to Kindergarten every day over my lunch hour. Change can be good and I hope this will be!

Well, that is enough of this wordy post. We'll be thinking of you from the sunny riviera! (I really didn't say that to make you jealous.)

4 comments:

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Have a great trip!

Benjamin Ranch said...

We are getting so excited about the trip too! We are a wee bit nervous, tho, I'll have to admit, getting all the little details in order. We will want to hear "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" for sure! Luv, Grandpa Rog and Amma

Dale or Bonnie said...

OK it worked, even if you didnt mean to "rub it in"! We are jealous! No not really, we are very happy for you all... ENJOY your vacation! Love Dale and Bonnie

Paige's Parents said...

I am sooooo jealous! That will be wonderful for you guys...and I can't believe your dad has never flown on a commercial flight before!!!
I love reading your blog, it's always entertaining and nice to see what is going on in your life. Your girls are always fun to hear about; good luck to Abby...I will be anxious to hear if she gets it. Either way, yes it was great that she did it.
The new daycare sitch sounds wonderful..it is always nice to know your kids are in good hands and enjoying their day!