Monday, May 17, 2010

Silly, I know . . .

. . . to obsess about a diaper bag, when there are much more important things in life to worry about. But alas, it is a major baby necessity. I posted my dilemma on Facebook and the answers were too mixed to be helpful. (Yeah, I know I should listen to you, Mom. Moms are always right. You almost have me convinced, too, but then I keep seeing myself with this other bag casually slung over my shoulder . . .)

So, now I'm going to reveal the bags in question and poll my blogging friends.

Would you buy the one on sale (the brand I've been eyeing, but an older model at 1/2 price!), or the one you really love (same brand, but the "premium" model), not on sale, which roughly translates to 4 times (gulp) as much as the other one?

Believe me, I have justifcation. I mean, if I carry this thing every day for 2 years, the cost per wear is merely pennies. Okay, cents. And this is my 3rd baby, so I know how much I rely on a good quality diaper bag. And people spend crazy money on designer purses all the time. This is going to double as my purse for the next 2 years. And . . . alright, enough.

Here are the diaper bags in question, in no particular order. Which one do you like? #1 or #2? (Don't cheat and look up the prices!)






I do actually already have one of these bags in my possession. But I also have a receipt, and I'm not above using it!

12 comments:

Paige's Parents said...

Go for it! The one you really want. I am a cheapskate and talk myself out of buying what I really want all of the time just to save a few bucks. I need to live vicariously through others, so buy the one you really want. P.S. I love the top bag, it screams your name. The bottom one is cute too and screams, "Hi, I am carrying diapers and butt cream." So it depends on what statement you're trying to make ;)

Liz said...

The practical side of me says to get the one with the shoulder strap, since you always seem to need both hands and arms when toting a baby around. But the rest of me says GET WHATEVER YOU WANT!!

The Napiers said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #1... in fact, I want to buy it just to use as a purse... how much???

Kristi Figarelle-Lucero said...

#1 for sure!

Benjamin Ranch said...

I think your blogging friends have extremely good taste! I definitely love #1 the most and agree w/ Paige's Mom 100%. I don't think a shoulder strap is an issue cuz you can usually hook one like the top one over your shoulder too. I hate too long a shoulder strap that let's the bag flop around. Maybe you need two...one for winter and one for summer :)

Joellyn said...

Hmmm... Mom, change of tune once you saw the bag, huh? :) It's pretty isn't it? It has a separate adjustable shoulder strap that can also clip down and convert into backpack straps.

Brenda, you crack me up!

Amy said...

They sometimes have the top bag on babysteals.com for a good deal :) It is a beautiful bag!

Kelli said...

OH----I totally like #2!!

I would say get the one you really want. Your points are valid, and that darn diaper bag becomes a part of your every day wear so you should be happy with it. Question is, will Tom get a MANLY diaper bag???

Anonymous said...

How about the one that looks like a Holstein?

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

#1 is my pick. It's so cute! A diaper bag is such a practical item that you don't have to be!

Darin, Jean, Samson & Sydney said...

I have two PPB diaper bags - and love them both. I have a touring tote and a shoulder bag. The cross town clutch would be too small for us but we have twins so that makes a difference.

I use the shoulder bag for big outings - it is big enough to hold mtg entertainment, my bookbag etc and diapers for meeting which I love since otherwise it feels like we come in to mtg with 6 bags:-). I love the Touring tote for just regular out and about town days.

I really adore the Cake line but the practical side of me likes the ability to wipe off the bag after it inevitably ends up sitting on the floor or a bench or dirty chair somewhere.

I originally purchased the two bags to compare and send one back and then accidently missed the cut off for returning the second bag...OOPS! LOL.

Whichever one you pick I'm sure you'll love it the ppb bags are well designed and made to last.

Joellyn said...

Thanks for all the encouragement to splurge, friends. #1 arrived in the mail early this week and it is packed and ready with baby necessities and stowed in the back of my car :) I had no remorse returning #2 back to the store.