Monday, June 7, 2010

Our Big News

No, not baby news. (Psych!) Hopefully that news will come in just a few days.

This may be old news to some of you, but now that both of our employers know, it is nice to finally be able to be open about our plans here on the blog. I haven’t been the best blogger over the past 9 months, largely due to the fact that most of our news centered around plans we needed to keep to ourselves for awhile as they developed.

We are planning to move HOME—to the place we both still consider home even after living in Utah for 10 years—MONTANA! It was an idea percolating in the back of our minds for a couple of years, but since we have had a great life in Utah, there seemed to be no reason to rush the decision. THEN, we got pregnant. It was the first event in a series of events that made it obvious to us that it was God’s plan to lead us in that direction.

Our plans are to move to my family farm in Fort Benton. My parents could use some extra hands, plus, when they are ready to retire they would like to see their years of hard work stay within the family, so it is a great opportunity. Yes, it is a major career change for both of us, but we both feel like it is a different pace of life that will be so good for our family. And the best part is being closer to both of our families!

We will be moving into my Grandpa’s home that is filled with memories of both my Grandpa and Grandma. Grandpa reached a point this fall where it was just too much house for him on his own, and we appreciate all the efforts of my parents and other family to get it ready for us to live in.

So, we have sold our lovely home of 5 years and are living with a dear, kind and generous friend from my work while we wait for the baby to arrive. Soon after, we will head north, for good! We look forward to keeping you up-to-date on our adventures!

Until then, we have many goodbyes to say to the wonderful people we have come to know here in Utah. We will miss you all!

5 comments:

Lori said...

We will truly miss you! But I am also so very happy for you and your family.

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

We are so very happy for you! It sounds very much like our story, and we couldn't be happier to be in the country and near our families. Good luck to you!!

Wrena said...

YAY !!! Slower paced lives in the country making memories too :) Gods plan is best ~ as for our move alike :)) SO HAPPY for ALL of YOU!!!

Emily, Bob, Etta & Mae said...

I. Am. Jealous. Have fun!

emily said...

I was so excited for you when tom told me at work (okay, so he didn't tell me...I was included in the company-wide email that tom was leaving to become a framer...yes, a framer...lol) Good luck and I will continue to read of your adventures!