Sunday, August 17, 2008

How about that Michael Phelps?

Wow. This guy is a true inspiration. 8 gold medals. What more can you say? He was in the pool training for 5 hours every day. (And he consumes between eight and ten thousand calories a day. Yikes.) Anyway, Tom and I have enjoyed watching some of the Olympics, and every morning I looked forward to the newspaper headlines to find out if Michael had gotten his next gold. It was a close one sometimes, but I am truly amazed that he actually did it. I think I will remember this for a long time. My favorite moment is the 4 x 100 freestyle relay. You can watch it here. The race is toward the end of the video. It is worth watching!

We were also blown away by the Opening Ceremonies. China really put on an impressive show. You can watch highlights of that here as well.

2 comments:

Benjamin Ranch said...

yeah, a very amazing accomplishment!

Paige's Parents said...

That was awesome. My favorite was the relay too.

Did you also hear about the girl who won MORE medals in the Special Olympics (swimming) then Phelps. Equally impressive, more touching I think!