Friday, December 26, 2008

blog catch-up

My blog has been very neglected lately as I've been busy getting ready for Christmas. (So have the inside of my eyelids). But then, I can sleep when I retire, right? Except, it occurs to me that I don't know any old people who ever sleep in. Bummer. Just when I have time to sleep in . . .

Why was Christmas preparation so stressful, you ask? I got an early start on shopping. But then came the Christmas cards, all 70 hand-cut wonders.

Then there are the Christmas treats. Which are fun until you make 150.

I even got Tom in on the act this year.

And then there is the wrapping, the parties, etc. etc., and pretty soon I am REALLY ready for a Christmas break. So, it has come just in time and we are really enjoying our lazy days at home. (Except, I wouldn't call all that shoveling lazy.) In any case, I finally have time to catch up on my blogging and I've given you some serious reading material. I hadn't posted since December 3rd, so anything since then is new. Happy reading! Hope you are all having happy holidays.

3 comments:

Wrena said...

Love your post! We have very little snow but I reckon that is normal here. Happy to read on.....

Dale or Bonnie said...

Well, we had a houseful for the Christmas week...but there were some definite vacancies felt... like, you guys not here! Loved our time with all the family, food, games, and Daves 50th party... So when will we get to see those sweet girls of yours? Hope your New Years plans work out, and thanks for your very neat card! Love Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Jo, We love your Christmas cards each year. I'm glad you go to all the work to make them and send them out. You have an adorable family. I love checking out your blog every so often too.

Love,

Aunt Betty